December 12, 2011

I NEVER thought this day would come.....

But I, am about to give YOU, an idea for lunch!!! so crazy. I know.

Only 5 people to my knowledge have this blog address, and you 5 know me very well. So when I say cooking + me = HAHAHA, you know what I mean.

I'm a big fan of "grab and run". I don't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, especially because it seems like the more time i spend the grosser my food tastes.

However, in an effort to be more health-minded (and lose the rest of this ridiculous weight), I've been working on what I'm 'grabbing'. I'm making big strides!!! I hope you cringe as much as I do when I say that I used to go through drive-thru's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner..... daily.

Egg McMuffin + hashbrown + orange juice for breakfast.

Whopper + fries + diet coke + candy bar from the vending machine for lunch.

BigMac + fries + diet coke + milkshake for dinner.

Throw in a few bags of chips from the vending machine for snacks in between my "meals".

Not an exaggeration - that's how I used to eat........is it any wonder that a few months ago I was 75 lbs overweight and in tons of debt???!!!?


So I went from drive-thru's to "better" restaurants. McDonald's turned into Panera. Wendy's turned into Subway. Burger King turned into Fazolli's. Still incredibly unhealthy (well except Subway, but still....) and still spending tons of money!!!

All that to say, I've done a 180 (NOT a 360 Kelli.....) on my eating habits, and I would highly recommend today's lunch to you, especially if you are like me!

Minute Rice - Ready to Serve Cups (brown rice). Right next to the boxed/bagged rice, these are little plastic cups that you pop in the microwave for 60 seconds and they're done! They control my portions and are easy and taste good and they're cheap! (at Walmart, $1.98 for a package of 2 cups)

Chicken Of The Sea - Smoked Salmon (3 oz packet). These are usually right next to the tuna; I got the boneless kind. They're usually used for salads I think, they come ready to eat! (at Walmart, $2.48 per packet)

Lemon Juice / Dill. Whatever you like on your salmon.


So I brought a plate to work. Cooked the rice in its cup and set it to the side (it's super hot when it comes out). Put the salmon on the plate and covered it with lemon juice and dill; I put it in the microwave at 20 second intervals until I was satisfied with the temperature (you can eat it cold, but I prefer warm). Dumped the rice on top of the fish, added a little more lemon juice and dill to taste, and YUM!!!!!!! The meal is 350 calories; 26 (!!!) grams of protein. Super healthy, super satisfying, super cheap, AND super easy :)

(oh and you're welcome).

3 comments: