January 6, 2012

patience

It's 10:04am.


I've eaten my breakfast, morning snack, and lunch (....apparently I eat when I'm anxious...)

My phone hasn't rung.

I gave my phone to my coworker so I wouldn't spend the day staring at it.

That lasted about 15 minutes - my phone still hasn't rung.

I've weighed scenarios in my head; what happens if I don't get this job? Am I still going to 'rejoice in the Lord always?' Am I really going to trust that He has a plan for me? Or am I going to scowl and be angry that things didn't go my way? And if I do get the job, am I going to humbly rejoice and thank the Lord? Or am I going to say "haha! got my way! I KNEW this was how it was going to turn out!!"

I open my inbox to see if an email has come through.

I wrote "not my will but YOURS be done" on a sticky note and placed it at the top of my monitor and contemplated the statement for a while - Lord, Your will is infinitely better than mine. Help me trust this!

I'm still staring at my phone.

Over and over and over again I've told myself that worrying is STUPID. God promises that all things work together for good for those who love Him. This is all going to work for good, so what is the point in worrying about it?? In fact, He specifically tells us not to worry - "be anxious for nothing..".

I call my voicemail to make sure I didn't miss a call...



*sigh*


patience is a virtue.
patience is a fruit of the Spirit.
patience reveals our faith in God’s timing, omnipotence, and love.




so why is it so hard to exercise it?



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment